Pancake Sushi CK Special
How it all began...
What do you do when you want to combine a teambuilding activity and creating new recipes? You host a cooking competition!
A little while ago we from Conscious Kitchen got together to come up with and try out new recipes to cook for all of you, as well as bond a bit more with each other.
One of the results of that day are these vegan coconut pancakes with pomegranates and caramel sauce. Inspired by this recipe, but limited by what was available to us in that moment, as well as adjusting it to make enough for 12 people, we got creative, and added some ingredients and left others out, creating a unique recipe for Dutch flat coconutc pancakes!
-1kg plain flour
-120 g coconut sugar
-30g cinnamon (or nutmeg)
-1L coconut milk (we used a full carton)
-500 ml water
-15g oil or melted vegan butter
-200g coconut sugar
-120ml coconut milk
-1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Add the coconut milk and oil.
3. Fill half of the now empty carton of coconut milk with water, and shake any remaining solidified coconut milk loose, then add it to the mix.
4. Stir all ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add (coconut) oil to a pan, let it heat up and add about a ladle full of the mixture to the pan. Flip the pancakes around when they are slightly golden.
6. Repeat until the mixture is finished
1. Melt the sugar in a saucepan on a low heat while stirring the sugar, keep stirring it until the sugar has melted.
2. Add the margarine to the melted sugar and keep stirring until the butter has melted.
3. Add the coconut milk while you are stirring until its one well-mixed, smooth texture
4. Let the sauce thicken by letting it boil for a bit more than a minute.
1. Roll up the pancakes and cut them in small pieces of approximately 5cm
2. Stack them next to each other on a plate
3. Decorate them with fruits (pomegranates, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
4. Spread the caramel sauce over the pancake pieces and fruits