Alexandra's Fruit Crumble
We often make a fruit crumble for dessert at Conscious Kitchen. Our crumbles are often made for a lot of people and we seldom actually measure things out accurately. We just add as we go along and it always turns out nice because we are making it together with our volunteers.
Now I would like to share the way we usually make our deliscious crumbles! Of course it changes every time we make it due to the different fruits we have at hand, but this makes it interesting every time. The Crumble consists of two parts. The filling and the actual crumble that is added on top of the filling.
Ingredients and method
For the filling:
- about 1 KG of any fruit or berry you have at hand. For example, apples, pears, plums, oranges or dates. It is also nice to mix different fruits and berries.
- 1,5 dl sugar
- It is nice to add some squeezed lemon for extra flavour if you have it at hand
- 3 table spoons of cornstarch (potato or courn flour)
- about 2 teaspoons of spices. Here you can get creative! Nice spices that go well with this dessert are cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom
For the crumble:
- 2 dl flour
- 1 dl oats
- 1 dl sugar (brown or light)
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 200 g of some type of oil such as margarine, sunflower oil, coconut oil
- Peanut butter is also a nice addition if you feel like it
- Some spices go well here too!
1. Chop up the fruits and berries into bite sized pieces. Add them to a bowl
2. Add cornstarch, sugar, the spices and the optional lemon into the fruit bowl and mix!
3. In a separate bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix. If using coconut oil or margarine, make sure its room temperature because this makes the mixing easier.
4. Transfer the fruit filling into a baking dish
5. Put the crumble on top of the fruit filling
6. Bake the crumble for about 30-40 minutes at 190 degrees celsius
Now enjoy your crumble with some banana ice cream, fresh fruit or just as it is!